Former South African President Jacob Zuma has been given less than 10 days to respond to a request from the national commissioner for correctional services as to why he should not return to prison to serve out the rest of his 15-month sentence.
- Zuma has been receiving medical treatment in Russia for the past two weeks.
- The request comes after the Constitutional Court upheld a previous Supreme Court of Appeal ruling that Zuma should return to jail because he was granted medical parole unlawfully.
- The deadline for Zuma’s response is August 6th.
- This marks the latest development in a long-running legal battle involving Zuma and his alleged involvement in corruption and state capture.
- Zuma has previously defied court orders and has been accused of undermining the rule of law in South Africa.
- The case has highlighted the challenges facing South Africa’s justice system and the need for greater accountability and transparency in government.
- The outcome of this case could have significant implications for the future of South Africa’s political landscape.