Qwilt and Cisco will deploy their CDN solution to Vodafone, increasing streaming quality and capacity for Vodafone’s customers in Europe and Africa.
- Vodafone will embed the solution at the edge of its networks, making streaming highly responsive and quality for customers.
- The deal will allow Vodafone to expand the solution and business opportunities to other content owners.
- Vodafone will initially deploy the service in 7 countries across Europe and Africa.
- The solution provides Quality-as-a-Service content delivery by caching and delivering content at the edge of the network.
- Content publishers can start quickly and use the joint solution to deliver content closer to users, improving viewing quality.
- Over 150 service providers have partnered with Qwilt to enable the open edge in their networks, serving over 1 billion subscribers globally.
- They include telecom companies in Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and Africa like Vodafone, Verizon, BT and Airtel.