Ford won the 2023 Most Innovative Volume Brand award from PwC and The Centre of Automotive Management in Germany.
- Ford scored 91.2 points to beat Volkswagen (82.0 points) and Toyota (64.6 points) to the top volume brand award.
- Ford’s BlueCruise hands-free driver assistance system and F-150 Pro Trailer Hitch Assist helped it win the Autonomous Driving & ADAS category.
- SYNC 4’s cloud-based navigation on the Ford Focus won Ford the Connected Car Services category.
- Ford also placed second in both the Electric Drive and Interface and Connectivity categories.
- A Ford representative said the award recognizes the company’s continued ambition and agility to innovate throughout its 120-year history.
- The Centre for Automotive Management assesses automotive engineering innovation for the Automotive Innovations awards in collaboration with PwC.
- The Centre’s director Prof. Dr. Bratzel said “A high balance of innovative strengths in the most important technology fields was one of the success factors” for Ford winning.
- This is the first time since 2014 that Ford has been named the most innovative volume brand.