South African digital bank, TymeBank, is reportedly signing up 300,000 customers per month, marking a significant increase from its previous rate of 200,000 per month.
- The bank’s CEO, Tauriq Keraan, attributes the growth to TymeBank’s user-friendly digital platform and the convenience it offers to customers.
- TymeBank recently announced that it had reached the 4 million customer mark, just two and a half years after its launch in February 2019.
- The bank’s rapid growth has been supported by its partnership with Pick n Pay, which has allowed TymeBank to offer its services at over 700 Pick n Pay and Boxer stores across South Africa.
- TymeBank provides a range of digital banking services, including savings and investment products, loans, and insurance, with no monthly fees and low transaction costs.
- The bank’s success has attracted the attention of global investors, with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia recently increasing its stake in TymeBank to 38%.