Suzuki has achieved a remarkable feat in South Africa by setting a new world record for the “most vehicles to switch on their lights simultaneously.” The record-breaking event took place during the Suzuki Safari Town Festival in Clarens, Free State.
- A staggering total of 787 Suzuki vehicles participated in the record attempt, with all of them simultaneously turning on their headlights. The achievement was officially verified by a representative from the Guinness World Records.
- The Suzuki Safari Town Festival, held from 22-24 September, not only witnessed the world record achievement but also brought together over 800 owners of Suzuki Jimny, SJ, Samurai, and LJ vehicles. It became one of the largest gatherings of Suzuki Jimny models to date.
- The event was made even more special by the presence of Hisanori Matsushima, the manager of the Automobile Styling Department at Suzuki Motor Corporation. Matsushima was responsible for the iconic design of the current Jimny, which has gained worldwide popularity and acclaim.
- The Suzuki Jimny, known for its off-road capabilities, was declared the Urban Car of the Year at the prestigious World Car of the Year Awards in 2019. The festival provided an opportunity for South African Jimny fans to interact with Matsushima and showcase their enthusiasm for the vehicle.
- Matsushima’s design expertise also extended to the highly-anticipated Suzuki Jimny five-door variant, which was showcased at the Festival of Motoring in Gauteng earlier this year. The new model aims to attract a broader demographic of 4×4 enthusiasts when it goes on sale in South Africa in the fourth quarter of 2024.
- The Suzuki Safari Town Festival 2023, with its record-breaking achievement and vibrant gathering of Suzuki enthusiasts, highlighted the brand’s strong presence and growing popularity in South Africa’s automotive landscape.