Individuals can claim a rebate of 25% of the cost of new and unused solar PV panels, up to a maximum of R15,000 per individual.
- The rebate is only available for one year, from 1 March 2023 to 29 February 2024.
- Only solar PV panels with a minimum capacity of 275W per panel qualify for the rebate.
- The solar PV panels must be installed at a residence that is mainly used by an individual for domestic purposes.
- The installation must be proved with a certificate of compliance in terms of the Electrical Installation Regulations, 2009.
- The solar PV panels must form part of a system that is connected to the mains distribution of the private residence.
- There will be no recoupment if an individual sells their house after having benefitted from this incentive.
- There will, however, be a claw-back of the rebate if one sells the panels within one year after they were first brought into use.