Prescient Securities has joined the likes of Investec Markets, Noah Capital Markets, and Standard Bank’s SBG Securities to facilitate stock trading and related services on behalf of their clients on the A2X platform.
- The move allows the firm to provide additional coverage for its clients and removes any potential conflicts of interest.
- The company provides institutional investors, hedge funds, and pension funds with services across the South African financial market, including securities trading expertise, research, and execution-only access to global equity markets with a larger presence across Africa.
- A2X debuted in 2017 and has managed to list nearly 170 companies on its platform, including JSE heavyweights across all sectors.
- Prescient Securities’ clients, who already benefit from having access to the JSE, now have access to an additional pool of liquidity, best executions, as well as post-trade services.
- CEO Chris Craddock said coming onto the A2X platform on an agency basis removes any potential conflicts of interest while providing additional coverage for its clients.
- The company was previously ranked among the top three stockbrokers for administration efficiency across asset classes and other sectors.
- The move is expected to enhance Prescient Securities’ competitiveness in the South African financial market.