The Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series is getting a major update with new styling, engines and features.
- The new prototypes were revealed in Japan and Australia.
- The front end gets new round headlights and grille, harking back to earlier Land Cruisers.
- A new 2.8-liter turbo diesel engine producing 150kW and 500Nm will be offered for the first time, paired with an automatic transmission.
- The current 4.5-liter V8 diesel engine producing 151kW and 430Nm will still be available, paired to a manual gearbox in some markets.
- The cabin gets a 6.7-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, redesigned instrument cluster and new center console.
- Safety features like lane departure warning, road sign assist and automatic high beams have been upgraded.
- Toyota says the updated 70 Series builds on its rugged off-road strengths while adding more technology and convenience.
- South African specs and pricing will be announced closer to launch.