The Suzuki Fronx is a new crossover model introduced by Suzuki Auto SA to fill the gap left by the departure of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza from export markets.
- The Fronx is based on the Baleno hatchback but features its own unique bodywork and a higher ground clearance of 170mm.
- It is described as a “Coupe SUV” and offers a sportier profile compared to the boxy design of the Brezza.
- Prices for the Fronx range from R279,900 to R335,900, making it a more affordable option in the crossover segment.
- The Fronx is powered by a 1.5-liter petrol engine with 77kW and 138Nm of torque. It is available with either a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission.
- The manual transmission provides an enjoyable driving experience, while the automatic transmission is more suited for relaxed driving.
- The Fronx offers practicality with a 304-liter boot and decent rear legroom. The cabin features analog instrumentation, a touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay, and various trim options.
- Safety features include ESP stability control, ABS, and dual front airbags, though the GLX variant offers additional side and curtain-level airbags.