The Isuzu mu-X 1.9-litre diesel, recently added to the range as the base version, surprises with its quiet cabin and impressive performance, defying expectations that a smaller engine would struggle with the larger bodywork.
- Isuzu Motors South Africa’s Department Executive highlights that the introduction of the new entry-level 1.9-litre model expands the mu-X’s appeal by offering outstanding space, comfort, and versatility at a more affordable price point with lower running costs.
- With its remarkable fuel efficiency, the Isuzu 1.9-litre diesel engine has made headlines for its ability to travel from Johannesburg to Cape Town on a single tank of fuel, and now the family-sized mu-X joins in with an automatic version.
- The competitive pricing, combined with exceptional fuel economy, makes the mu-X an attractive option for families transitioning from sedans, hatchbacks, or bakkies (pickup trucks).
- The 1.9 Ddi engine produces 110kW of power and 350Nm of torque, paired with a six-speed automatic transmission and equipped with a standard rear differential lock.
- The mu-X boasts stylish upgrades, including dark Magnetite finishes, LED lighting, and a well-appointed cabin with leather trim, eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, and advanced infotainment features such as a 7.0-inch touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration.
- Safety features include Electronic Stability Control, ABS brakes, multiple airbags, and advanced driver assistance systems like Hill Start Assist, Hill Descent Control, and Trailer Sway Control.
The Isuzu mu-X 1.9-litre diesel offers a compelling package, combining ample space, fuel efficiency, and a range of features to meet the needs of family-oriented customers. Its performance on both highways and city roads, along with its attractive pricing and comprehensive warranty, position it as a strong contender in the SUV segment.