Mini South Africa is expanding its Countryman range with the introduction of the petrol-powered ‘S’ model, adding a new level of performance and versatility to the popular compact SUV lineup.
- The Countryman S features a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbopetrol engine, delivering 160kW of power and 360Nm of torque. It offers a spirited driving experience while maintaining fuel efficiency.
- Equipped with Mini’s All4 all-wheel drive system, the Countryman S ensures optimal power distribution between the front and rear axles, enhancing traction and handling on various road conditions.
- The new Countryman model shares its platform with the latest BMW X1, resulting in increased dimensions compared to its predecessor. It offers improved interior space, including a larger boot capacity of 450 litres, making it more practical for families and everyday use.
- The Countryman S boasts advanced technology features, including optional Level 2 semi-autonomous driving capabilities, enhancing convenience and safety on the road.
- Mini has introduced “Experience Modes” in the Countryman S, which allow drivers to personalize their driving experience with unique design elements, ambient lighting, and sound themes.
- The exact lineup and pricing for the new Mini Countryman range in South Africa will be announced closer to the launch, which is scheduled for the second quarter of 2024. The electric version of the Countryman will also be available locally, catering to customers seeking an eco-friendly driving option.