The Ford Everest is a rugged SUV designed for adventurers, offering a class-leading towing capacity of 3,500 kg, allowing owners to bring everything they need for their next outdoor adventure.
- The Everest is equipped with advanced towing technologies that make hitching and hauling trailers easier and stress-free. Features like the 360-degree camera, reverse view with dynamic lines, and a hitch view button provide precise guidance for lining up the tow ball and receiver.
- The integrated SYNC system includes a trailer connection checklist that walks owners through the steps required to safely connect the trailer. It also allows owners to test their trailer lights without assistance, ensuring everything is working properly before setting off.
- The Everest’s dedicated Tow/Haul drive mode optimizes power delivery and control while towing. It holds gears longer, provides engine braking in hilly areas, and offers increased resistance on the steering wheel for enhanced control and comfort.
- To improve braking confidence, the Everest comes with a trailer brake controller that works with the electric brakes on the trailer. It adjusts output based on Everest’s brake pressure, reducing the risk of trailer brake lockup under heavy or sudden braking.
- The innovative trailer sway control system monitors towing performance and applies corrective measures if the trailer starts swaying. It warns the driver, applies brake pressure to individual wheels, and even reduces engine power to regain control.
- Ford’s blind spot information system (BLIS) now includes coverage for trailers, providing added safety while changing lanes. The system uses radar sensors to detect vehicles in adjacent lanes and alerts the driver. Trailer profiles can be created for personalized monitoring.