Chery, the renowned automobile manufacturer, recently made a significant announcement regarding its upcoming models, the Tiggo 7 and 8 Pro plug-in hybrids.
- These highly anticipated vehicles are expected to make their way to South Africa in the near future, offering eco-conscious drivers a compelling and efficient driving option.
- The Tiggo 7 and 8 Pro plug-in hybrids were first showcased at the prestigious Geneva International Motor Show, giving enthusiasts a glimpse of the exciting features and technology to come.
- Chery has revealed that both models will feature a robust electric battery system, granting them an impressive electric range of 95 kilometers and a combined petrol-and-electric range of up to 950 kilometers.
- While specific details about the South African versions are yet to be disclosed, it is speculated that the Tiggo 7 and 8 Pro will be equipped with a 1.5-liter turbocharged petrol engine, complemented by two electric motors mounted on each axle.
- This powertrain configuration is projected to generate a remarkable total output of 338 kW and 510 Nm, while delivering an impressive average fuel consumption of just 1.3 liters per 100 kilometers when maximizing electric driving.
- Additionally, Chery’s plug-in hybrids will feature a CVT transmission system and offer multiple performance modes, including petrol, single-motor electric, and dual-motor electric modes, ensuring a versatile and dynamic driving experience.