Online retailer Takealot has come under fire for selling a potentially offensive product on its platform
- The product in question is a novelty T-shirt with a graphic that some people find offensive
- The T-shirt features a cartoon image of a person with a speech bubble that says “I identify as vaccinated”
- The product has been criticized on social media for trivializing serious issues related to COVID-19 and vaccination
- Takealot has since removed the product from its platform and apologized for any offense caused
- However, the incident highlights the challenges faced by e-commerce platforms in monitoring and regulating the products sold on their sites
- This is not the first time that Takealot has faced criticism for the products sold on its platform – in 2020, the company was accused of price gouging during the COVID-19 pandemic The incident serves as a reminder of the importance of responsible practices in e-commerce, including careful vetting of products and sensitivity to social and cultural issues.