Old Mutual is partnering with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to launch a new digital bank in South Africa.
- The new bank will be fully cloud-based and will leverage AWS’s cloud infrastructure to provide secure and scalable banking services to customers.
- The partnership with AWS will allow Old Mutual to rapidly develop and deploy new digital banking services while ensuring the security and reliability of its systems.
- The new digital bank is expected to launch in South Africa in 2022 and will initially target the retail banking market.
- Old Mutual’s move into digital banking is part of a broader trend towards digital transformation in the financial services industry.
- The partnership with AWS represents a shift towards more agile and flexible technology infrastructure for Old Mutual.