The Nigerian Gas Association (NGA) has established a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) group to drive positive change and promote a more diverse and inclusive oil and gas industry in Nigeria.
- The DEI Study Group, chaired by Engr Chichi Emenike, aims to identify relevant issues, challenges, and opportunities in the sector and provide recommendations for transformative changes in DEI.
- The group will develop programs, solutions, and awareness campaigns to create an environment where individuals from all backgrounds, abilities, and genders can thrive and contribute to the industry’s growth.
- The DEI Study Group includes Eyono Fatayi-Williams as the Vice Chairperson and Ekomobong Alfred as the Secretary.
- In collaboration with the Women In Energy Network (WIEN), the DEI Study Group will leverage WIEN’s network and commitment to empowering women to foster a more equitable and diverse energy sector.
- The initiative aims to promote valuable opportunities and support for women, drive innovation and excellence, and contribute to sustainable growth in the oil and gas industry and beyond. The NGA emphasizes the importance of entrenching diversity, equality, and inclusion values in the energy sector to foster a more diverse workforce and drive Nigeria’s economic growth.