Africa is undergoing a digital transformation, reshaping its economic position globally. Companies like Visa, IBM, and Microsoft have increased their presence in Africa.
- Huawei has set up a new Innovation Centre in Johannesburg, South Africa, marking a milestone for Africa’s mobile industry.
- South African President Cyril Ramaphosa attended the opening of the new centre.
- Huawei controls around 70% of 4G networks in Africa, playing a key role in the continent’s digital transformation.
- The new Innovation Centre places South Africa ahead in its quest to dominate Africa’s mobile industry.
- South Africa and China have collaborated closely to build a digital foothold in Africa.
- Ramaphosa said expanding digital infrastructure is key to South Africa’s economic competitiveness and growth.
- The centre aims to cultivate, support and utilize local talent through knowledge and skill transfer.
- Africa has shown its ability to adopt and use new technology, and emerging markets have developed through technological integration.