Netcare CEO Richard Friedland has announced his early retirement, effective at the end of September 2024.
- Friedland has been at the helm of the private hospital operator for almost two decades and has been with the company for 30 years.
- The company aims to announce his successor before the end of September.
- Netcare has a market value of about R19.9bn on the JSE.
- Friedland is also an executive director on the board of the company.
- The announcement of Friedland’s retirement comes amid a healthcare crisis in South Africa and the world due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Netcare is one of South Africa’s largest private healthcare providers, with operations in South Africa and the UK.
- Friedland’s retirement is a significant event in the South African business landscape, as he has been a prominent figure in the country’s healthcare sector for many years.