Mulilo Energy Holdings, a prominent renewable energy developer and investor, has announced the appointment of Jan Fourie as its new CEO. Fourie will succeed Johnny Cullum, who will step down in May.
- Jan Fourie brings a wealth of experience to the role, having previously served as the executive vice-president of renewable energy for Scatec ASA, a leading renewable energy company.
- Mulilo Energy focuses on onshore wind, solar PV technologies, and battery energy storage systems. The company has already achieved significant success in South Africa’s renewable energy sector, with 420MW of operational solar and wind power projects.
- Under the government-backed Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (REIPPPP) and private offtake projects, Mulilo Energy has an additional 1,087MW of solar PV, onshore wind, and battery energy storage system projects that are currently under financial close.
- The appointment of Jan Fourie reflects Mulilo Energy’s ambitious growth targets. The company aims to achieve 5GW of renewables in the next five years, with a long-term goal of developing a project pipeline of approximately 25GW of wind, solar, and battery storage projects in South Africa.
- Johnny Cullum, the outgoing CEO, expressed confidence in Jan Fourie’s leadership abilities and highlighted his reputation and expertise in the renewables industry.
- Jan Fourie emphasized his commitment to scaling Mulilo Energy’s operations and delivering clean and reliable energy to millions of people, unlocking the company’s potential for future growth and sustainability.