Safaricom’s M-PESA Super App has surpassed 3 million users up from 1.2 million in April 2023.
- The app processed 489 million transactions worth KSh 1.3 trillion in the last financial year.
- The super app brings together M-PESA customer insights, statements and features in one place.
- It includes “Offline Mode” and “Mini Apps” where customers can access 60 firm services.
- Safaricom partnered with EABL and Vivo to launch The Bar and Shell apps on the super app.
- EABL’s The Bar app will enable customers to shop for drinks and book bar set ups using M-PESA.
- Vivo’s Shell app will give loyalty points based on M-PESA fuel payments, redeemable at Shell outlets.
- Safaricom’s CEO said the partnerships aim to enable customers to do more through the super app.
- The apps will provide convenience through online shopping and free deliveries plus more value when fuelling.
- Safaricom plans to connect customers digitally to more businesses and services on the platform.