Chris Meyer, the CEO of financial services and technology group Lesaka Technologies, has announced his departure from the company. After nearly three years at the helm, Meyer will step down at the end of February next year.
- Ali Mazanderani will take over as the executive chairperson of Lesaka Technologies, effective from the beginning of February. Mazanderani’s appointment signals a new chapter for the company as it seeks to navigate the evolving landscape of the fintech industry.
- Although stepping down as CEO, Chris Meyer will continue to contribute to the company’s strategic direction and growth as a director. His experience and insights will be valuable in ensuring a smooth transition and continuity for Lesaka Technologies.
- During Meyer’s tenure, Lesaka Technologies underwent significant transformation. The company, formerly known as Net1, successfully rebranded and positioned itself as a player in the financial services and technology sector.
- Under Meyer’s leadership, Lesaka Technologies prioritized innovation and growth, leveraging technology to develop and deliver cutting-edge financial solutions. The company’s commitment to technological advancements has contributed to its success in the competitive fintech landscape.
- Lesaka Technologies, with a market value of approximately R3.8 billion on the JSE, has seen positive performance under Meyer’s leadership. The company’s financial growth and market position have been notable achievements during his tenure.
- With the appointment of Ali Mazanderani as the new executive chairperson, Lesaka Technologies aims to ensure a seamless transition of leadership. The company remains focused on its strategic goals and delivering value to its stakeholders in the evolving telecoms and technology industry.