Investec Bank has acquired a majority stake in European adviser Capitalmind Group, increasing its stake to about 60% after acquiring 30% two years ago.
- The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Investec Bank CEO Ruth Leas noted that the mid-market space is becoming more international and requires a more globally integrated focus.
- Capitalmind employs over 90 people and has seven offices in European countries, including France, Germany, and the Netherlands.
- The acquisition is the latest in a series of deals for boutique firms, as big lenders seek to consolidate in the wake of a sharp downturn in global M&A volume.
- Other prominent transactions in the City of London include Deutsche Bank AG’s acquisition of Numis Corp., one of the best-known UK boutiques.
- In April, Rathbones Group agreed to buy Investec’s UK wealth management business in an all-share deal valued at £839 million ($1 billion), reflecting the trend towards consolidation in adjacent industries.