WIOCC and Laser Light have signed a 5-year $129 million agreement to expand terrestrial and subsea cables across Africa.
- Under the agreement, WIOCC will use Laser Light for its global connectivity needs and bring Laser Light’s services to African clients.
- The agreement will commence upon initial operations of Laser Light’s network expected to begin at the end of 2023.
- WIOCC is Africa’s carrier carrier, revolutionizing high-capacity connectivity between Africa and the world.
- WIOCC’s network interconnects over 1,000 locations across 30+ African countries using over 75,000km of fiber-optic network.
- Laser Light is deploying an innovative, all-optical network across land, sea and space.
- Customers of the Laser Light platform will be able to self-provision data where, when and how much they need.
- The partnership enables WIOCC to accelerate and cost-effectively extend its reach and solutions beyond its current network footprint.