Harmony Gold reported strong production and lower costs in its recent financial results, which are expected to boost the company’s growth.
- The company’s production increased by 17% in the 2021 financial year, while its all-in sustaining costs decreased by 8%.
- Harmony Gold’s CEO attributed the company’s strong performance to its focus on operational excellence and cost management.
- The company’s financial results were achieved despite the challenging operating environment in South Africa, which has been impacted by Covid-19 and ongoing power supply constraints.
- The mining sector is a key contributor to South Africa’s economy, and the strong performance of companies like Harmony Gold is a positive sign for the sector and the country as a whole.
- The potential for further growth and expansion for Harmony Gold, particularly through its acquisition of the Mponeng mine from AngloGold Ashanti, is a positive sign for the mining industry and for South Africa’s investment climate.