FNB, a financial services provider, plans to install solar power systems at 100 of its branches across South Africa to ensure uninterrupted services during load shedding and reduce its environmental impact.
- The initiative will begin in branches located in Mthatha, Bethlehem, Phuthaditjhaba, and Zeerust, with a phased approach for a smooth transition.
- The installation of solar power aligns with FNB’s commitment to environmental sustainability and operational resilience.
- While most branches already have backup power solutions, the transition to renewable energy sources reflects FNB’s dedication to positively impacting the environment and being more resilient in its operations.
- FNB’s long-term vision includes greener and more sustainable operations, demonstrating its commitment to innovation and environmental stewardship.
- FNB acknowledges the importance of its branches in facilitating economic activities and providing access to financial services for local communities, making it essential to remain accessible through initiatives like solar power installations.