Convergence Partners Investments, led by visionary entrepreneur Andile Ngcaba, announced its rebranding as Solcon Capital.
- This strategic move reflects the company’s renewed commitment to investing in the dynamic fields of deep technology across South Africa, India, and Southeast Asia.
- Under the new brand, Solcon Capital welcomes Pramod Venkatesh as CEO, effective from 1 August.
- Pramod Venkatesh has most recently served as the group chief technology officer of inq., where he spearheaded the development of groundbreaking products and solutions leveraging artificial intelligence, software-defined networks, and edge computing.
- Solcon Capital’s primary focus areas will include generative AI, large language models (LLMs), synthetic data, cybersecurity, and quantum computing.
- Moreover, Solcon Capital is pleased to announce the upcoming launch of its flagship AI-based investment platform, Solcon 360. Set to be unveiled in October, Solcon 360 will empower investment companies to harness the potential of generative AI and build custom models tailored to their unique investment needs.
- Despite the rebranding, Andile Ngcaba remains wholeheartedly dedicated to driving the growth of Convergence Partners, which will continue to focus on private equity through its existing and future digital infrastructure funds. Ngcaba will assume the role of Chairman at Solcon Capital, ensuring continuity and synergy between the two entities.