The deadline for public comments on the draft South African Renewable Energy Masterplan has been extended to 18 August 2023.
- The purpose of the masterplan is to drive the industrialization of the renewable energy value chain and tap into opportunities in the renewable energy and battery storage markets.
- The Department of Mineral Resources and Energy published the draft masterplan for public comments on 17 July 2023, and the extension follows the initial deadline of 31 July 2023.
- Public can submit comments and inputs on the masterplan via email to Mthunzi.Mangqalaza@dmre.gov.za.
- There will be two virtual townhall sessions on the masterplan on 14 and 15 August 2023. Stakeholders must register using the links provided.
- The department is inviting and encouraging stakeholders to review and provide comments on the draft masterplan to maximize the contribution of renewable energy and battery storage value chains in support of South Africa’s National Development Plan objectives.