Ride-hailing and food delivery start-up Bolt announces the appointment of Mikko Salovaara as its new CFO.
- Bolt, a competitor of Uber, was valued at over $8 billion after a €628 million funding round in January 2022.
- Bolt aims to achieve profitability within the next 12 months and prepare for an IPO in 2025, according to CEO Markus Villig.
- The company operates in over 45 countries and 500 cities, serving 150 million customers.
- Salovaara’s appointment is seen as valuable in driving long-term and sustainable growth, as well as facilitating the IPO preparations.
- Salovaara brings experience as the former CFO of fintech firm Revolut to the role.
- Bolt is recognized for its operational efficiency, positioning it ahead of competitors in the industry.
- Salovaara looks forward to contributing to Bolt’s journey and preparing the business for its future as it gears up for the IPO.