The Business Leadership South Africa (BLSA) group has expressed concerns regarding the current format of South Africa’s National Health Insurance (NHI).
- The group has stated that the NHI, as currently proposed, will be expensive and may not deliver the promised improvement in quality of care.
- The BLSA has urged the government to adopt a more collaborative approach in the development of the NHI.
- The BLSA has also proposed that the government prioritize investment in primary healthcare services, which would reduce the burden on the public healthcare system.
- The group has called for a more comprehensive approach to healthcare reform that would address issues such as funding, infrastructure, and human resources.
- The BLSA has emphasized the importance of private sector participation in the development and implementation of the NHI.
- The group has warned that the current trajectory of the NHI could undermine South Africa’s economic growth and social development goals.