Kenneth Decker and William Dias Morias, two students from Belgium who travelled to South Africa in 2019 and had a great youth travel experience along with their internship in South Africa.
- South Africa is a diverse and captivating destination that offers many opportunities for young travellers to explore, learn, and have fun.
- Kenneth and William chose South Africa as their destination for an internship abroad as part of their tourism management course in Brussels.
- They applied for an internship program with Youth Tourism South Africa (YTSA), a non-profit organization that represents youth in tourism.
- They worked as marketing assistants for YTSA for three months and helped with creating and managing social media content, developing partnerships with local businesses and organizations, and organizing events and workshops for youth travellers.
- They also had plenty of time to explore South Africa on their own and visited several places across the country. Including Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, Kruger National Park, Drakensberg Mountains and the Wild Coast.
- They enjoyed a variety of activities such as hiking, whale-watching, wine-tasting, safari, surfing, bungee jumping, and volunteering.
- Their trip to South Africa was one of the best experiences of their lives, and they learned a lot about themselves and the world.
- Kenneth and William highly recommend traveling to South Africa for anyone who is looking for a unique and rewarding youth travel experience.
Read more on Youth Tourism South Africa (YTSA) here.