Aspen Pharmacare is acquiring commercialisation rights and IP for a portfolio of branded products in Latin America from Viatris for $280 million.
- The deal will be funded through $150 million in cash and an extension of Aspen’s supply terms with Viatris.
- The portfolio includes well-known brands like Lipitor, Viagra, Lyrica, Zoloft, Norvasc and Celebrex.
- The acquisition includes product registrations, marketing authorisations and related inventory.
- Several employees commercializing the products will transfer to Aspen’s local subsidiaries.
- Aspen will be supplied with the products for at least 7 years through agreements with Viatris.
- The products generated $92 million in sales in 2022 but Aspen could not determine actual profitability due to Viatris’ business integration.
- Aspen believes the acquisition will expand its presence in Latin America by adding established brands and an experienced sales team.