Visa has opened applications for its first cohort of the Visa Africa Fintech Accelerator program.
- The 12-week program aims to support up to 20 startups per cohort operating in Africa.
- It aims to strengthen Africa’s payments ecosystem through innovations and technologies.
- Plug and Play will serve as the program partner, delivering content, mentorship, coaching and investor connections.
- Startups up to Series A stage and generating revenue in Africa can apply.
- The accelerator is part of Visa’s $1B pledge to invest in Africa by 2027.
- Startups in embedded finance, merchant/SME enablement, future of finance, sustainable finance and payments infrastructure are encouraged to apply.
- Applications close on August 25 and the first cohort will be announced in September.