Anglo American Platinum has appointed Craig Miller as its new CEO.
- Miller is currently the company’s finance director and will take over the CEO role in October.
- He has over 23 years of experience in mining and has worked for Anglo American in various roles.
- Current CEO Natascha Viljoen is leaving Amplats to join Newmont Corporation as COO.
- In the first half of 2023, Amplats’ profit plunged by around R19 billion.
- Total PGM production fell 13.2% and metal prices declined.
- The PGM basket price fell 15.5% in rand terms to R34,764/oz.
- Rhodium and palladium prices collapsed.
- Miller said Amplats must remain agile to adapt to macroeconomic challenges and focus on efficiency.
- Viljoen announced she was leaving Amplats in February after three years as CEO.