Access Holdings Plc, the parent company of Nigeria’s largest bank, has appointed Bolaji Agbede as the acting CEO after the tragic death of Herbert Wigwe in a helicopter crash.
- Agbede, who previously served as Access’s most senior founding executive director in charge of business support, will assume the leadership role subject to central bank approval.
- The appointment comes as a result of the sudden and unfortunate demise of Herbert Wigwe, who played a significant role in the bank’s success.
- Access Bank is known for its prominent position in the Nigerian banking industry, with a strong focus on assets and market presence.
- The bank’s decision to appoint Agbede as the acting CEO underscores its commitment to ensure continuity and stability during this difficult time.
- Agbede brings valuable experience and expertise to the position, having served in various capacities within the bank’s leadership team.
- The central bank’s approval will be crucial in formalizing Agbede’s new role and ensuring a smooth transition of leadership within Access Bank.