Pele Energy Group’s journey from a fledgling energy investor to a pioneering IPP is receiving fresh impetus from the private-offtake market.
- The private-offtake market has been stimulated by a recent reform allowing for distributed generation projects of any size to proceed without a license.
- PEG has secured power purchase agreements with commercial and industrial clients, as well as municipalities.
- PEG is currently developing a 75 MW solar photovoltaic (PV) project in the Northern Cape.
- The project is expected to create more than 450 jobs during the construction phase and 25 permanent jobs during the operations phase.
- PEG is committed to promoting local economic development and social upliftment in the areas where it operates.
- PEG’s success as a black-owned IPP is inspiring other black-owned companies to enter the energy market and contribute to South Africa’s energy transition.