The Future is Female Mentorship Programme is a PR and communications mentorship program dedicated exclusively to African female tech founders.
- It was launched on Africa Day in 2020 by C. Moore Media International PR, an African tech-focused PR agency that has been acquired by global agency Allison+Partners.
- The program is supported by Google for Startups Accelerator: Women Founders Africa Programme, Salesforce Ventures Impact Fund, and F6S.
- For the fourth edition, 490 applications were received from 37 countries across Africa, marking a 42% increase from the previous year.
- The program aims to support the underserved market of African women in tech.
- Twenty African female-founded tech startups have been selected for this edition of the mentorship program.
- Nine of the selected founders are from Nigeria, and six are from Kenya. The remaining founders are from Egypt, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, and Zambia.
- The program will provide the founders with insights into PR and communications for early-stage tech startups, including creating a communications plan, storytelling best practices, strategic business communications, and positioning their startups for investment opportunities.
- The mentorship program is delivered virtually, and the mentees will have access to customised masterclasses and sessions tailored to their sector and business needs.